Q: Do u have to remove the timing belt for remove the valve cover? 1994 Ford Ranger 2.3L

Do I have to remove the timing belt for remove the valve cover?

Hello - normally, no. The valve cover gasket can be replaced without getting into the timing belt components. Having said that, replacing the valve cover gasket is a great opportunity to make sure the cam seal isn’t leaking oil onto the belt, and to check the condition of the belt. For assistance, I recommend a valve cover gasket replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Do u have to remove the timing belt for remove the valve cover? 1994 Ford Ranger 2.3L