Q: Does the transmission have to come out to put it in?

Do I have to take the transmission out to put it in

3. Does the transmission have to come out to put it in?

Q: Engine light came on saying transmission system malfunction.

Hi there. The code is coming up for the torque converter clutch (TCC) is not working. Check the TCC fuse and see if it has blown. If the fuse is good, then the solenoid on the transmission that controls the...

Q: Lots of squealing from engine. I have been told idle pulley bad. Mechanic out of town. Should I drive car? Land Rover LR3

It would be recommended not to drive the vehicle until it is looked at by a certified mechanic. If the [idler pulley])(https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/idler-pulley-replacement) were to fail, the drive belt would be unable to spin the water pump and cause an overheating...

Q: Q: engine rebuild

Hi there. Our "How to" articles are written as usually general guidelines - not specific instructions that apply to a particular vehicle. We don't specify the precise steps for completing any repair because the reality is that every vehicle on...