Q: Do I need to reprogram my car computer? 1999 Ford Mustang

The long light won't turn on when I press the brake the lights won't turn on nether and the car sometimes won't start and it sometimes turn off by itself but the motor from a truck it not from the same car.

Hello - I believe you have multiple, separate electrical problems affecting your brake lights and the wiring to the engine. the brake light issue may simply be a burned out bulb - check that first. The engine "no start, and occasional shut off" issue could be the ignition switch, crankshaft position sensor, or a coil failure. I would recommend an engine electrical inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Do I need to reprogram my car computer? 1999 Ford Mustang