Q: Do I need to replace the hubs to go back to factory wheel bolts.

Had a front drivers side wheel come off at low speed. All 4 wheels had stud kits and about 15mm spacers installed. Also wider than factory low profile wheels & tires. I plan on removing all spacers since I heard slide on spacers can cause wheels to come loose. The front drivers side wheel that came off, left only one stud in place on the hub. The other 4 studs came out with the lug nuts stuck on the ends. I would like to go back to factory arrangement of having lug bolts, since lug studs may be too long without spacers and nuts are capped. Do I need to replace the drivers side front wheel hub, or all the wheel hubs for the wheels to stay on. Are stud kit studs oversized on the back end threads to keep them from coming out since they do not have a flange on the back side like cars with a stud and lug nut arrangement. Replacing all the hubs is going to be difficult since the wheel bearings are sealed. I need to make sure the car will be safe and wheels will stay on when torqued down.

A: You're wise to go back to factory faste...

You're wise to go back to factory fasteners. While there are a few good quality aftermarket products out there for your car, most of the options are a kind of one-size-fits-all that involve spacers and adapters that change the design offset and lead to all kinds of suspension and wheel bearing problems. you should not need to replace the hubs as long as the threads are not damaged. It should be possible to extract the studs through conventional means. If a hub IS damaged, then there is no choice but to replace it. This will involve replacing the wheel bearing as well so it can get expensive. If this project is more than you want to take on, you can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office and change out your wheels for you