Q: Do i need to replace my crankshaft position sensor for my lexus es300 with an OEM or aftermarket parts

I recently replaced my crankshaft position sensor for my lexus because that's the part that it read for the check engine light came on. So it worked for one day. Now it won't stay crunk beyond 6seconds. I replaced it with aftermarket part from autozone.

Hi there. The code scanner is just that, a code scanner/reader. It does not provide a diagnosis. The ECM in your car provides a code and data to aid in the diagnostic process; we wouldn’t start pulling spark plugs for the crank position sensor circuit code, right? The code lets us know what circuit or area to begin the diagnostic investigation. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a check engine light inspection and/or a car starts then stalls inspection.

• Do i need to replace my crankshaft position sensor for my lexus es300 with an OEM or aftermarket parts