Q: Do I need new brakes, calibers, or rotors?

My brakes were scrubbing extremely badly, for a while. When I got home and tried to park, I noticed that my wheels in the back wouldn't pull.

If you drove the vehicle with the rear brakes pads worn down to the metal backing, it would cause the brakes to start locking up. The rotors and pads along with the calipers will need a brake inspection of all the components since the calipers and rotors can be damaged if the pads are worn down to the metal backing.

If the caliper is seized, then you will need to replace the calipers and the rotors and pads. I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to inspect the brakes and determine the best course of action going forward.

3. Do I need new brakes, calibers, or rotors?