Q: Do I need new brakes, calibers, or rotors?

My brakes were scrubbing extremely badly, for a while. When I got home and tried to park, I noticed that my wheels in the back wouldn't pull.

3. Do I need new brakes, calibers, or rotors?

Q: Part banging against wheel well

Although I haven't seen it very often, broken springs can happen. The springs are usually made of hardened steel. They help stabilize the strut and keep the car at the appropriate ride height. If the spring breaks, the rear of...

Q: Speedometer is jumping and my car is jerking

This could be related to a couple of possibilities. The [instrument voltage regulator]((https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/instrument-voltage-regulator-replacement) regulates the voltage supplied to the various gauges in your vehicle’s dash. When this is not working properly, this may cause the gauges in your dash to...

Q: Car died while driving, slowly lost power to gas, steering and brakes

Hi Hallie. More often than not, when you have this type of problem, it's mechanical in nature - meaning that a fuel or ignition system component has broken as opposed to a security system issue. If you are unable to...