Q: do i need a new motor?

my car was original running hot, it began to shake , it wont start only cranks and when i first tried starting it it blew grey smoke out the back

3. do i need a new motor?

Q: 1997 Toyota Tercel brake lights , radio , clock, temp gauge all stopped working - head lights work and speedometer work - engine s

It is possible that your alternator could be failing. When an alternator fails, it can cause other electroncis on the vehicle to malfunction. I would recommend starting by checking the charge output of the alternator using a digital multimeter. If...

Q: Car stalls, and then stops, after I restart it goes a bit and stops again. Speed is low

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. All three codes refer to the pressure control solenoid in the transmission. Check the fluid level and top it off if the fluid is low. Check the harness to the transmission for any corrosion,...

Q: Timing chain problem should I replace the motor because of the mileage

Hello. I would go with the option that makes the most sense in terms of cost efficiency. In some cases replacing the engine entirely is actually less expensive then rebuilding or servicing a major component. The 4.0 V6 that your...