Q: do i need a new motor?

my car was original running hot, it began to shake , it wont start only cranks and when i first tried starting it it blew grey smoke out the back

Hi there. It is very difficult to tell you for certain that you need a new motor or new vehicle based on reading a description. However, what you’re describing is typically associate with an overheating problem or a head gasket that is damaged. When the head gasket breaks, coolant enters the engine’s oil galley; which restricts lubrication of oil and can cause other internal engine damage to occur. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection first, so they can examine your Toyota to determine what might be causing your problems.