Q: Do i need a new gasket to service my rear differential. or is there a drain plug.

I want to change gear oil in my rear. Is there a drain plug or do I need to remove the rear cover.

The rear differential is serviced by removing the rear differential cover. The cover once removed is sealed using silicone as a gasket on most rear ends. Before you remove cover you will see if silicone or a gasket was used. If silicone is used then make sure the temperature outside is warm enough for silicone to cure.

• Do i need a new gasket to service my rear differential. or is there a drain plug.