Q: Manually shifting

Do I have to use the Driver Shift Control while going up a hill

Hi There, You should not need to use the shift control to manually shift the vehicle when traveling uphill. Today’s automatic transmissions are designed to automatically shift up and down depending on the conditions. In your case, when traveling uphill, the transmission should automatically downshift to the next lower gear by the use of a solenoid inside the transmission in order to generate the necessary power to climb the hill. If this is not working properly, you may need to have your transmission looked at by a qualified professional such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Manually shifting