Q: Do I have a case against Jaguar?

I was told that I needed front and back brake pads and rotors. The car is a lease and it only has 23,000 miles. This seems suspicious as I never had to replace brake pads or rotors in any car with 2x the miles. Do I have a reasonable complaint to take up with Jaguar? I've have purchased 3 jaguars over the last 10 years since they were purchased by Tata.

Also, Jaguar inspected the brake pads on October 16th and they were in the yellow. In the 1 month, the brake pad yellow warning lights appeared on my dash. I brought it into Pep Boys because I was afraid to go to Jaguar to get an estimate. They said it needed both front and back brake pads and that the rotors need replacement as well, no resurfacing. I have no idea if they just wanted to make more money. Is it possible to just replace the brake pads and not the rotors if I only have 9 months left on the lease?

A: Hi there. Unfortunately this is common for ...

Hi there. Unfortunately this is common for this vehicle. Most of the time it will need brakes before it even hits the 20,000 mile mark. As for getting the brakes done, to dissipate heat right and to provide proper braking the brakes and rotors must be replaced together. If you want to have your brakes done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to replace your brake pads.