Q: Do any of your mechanics have experience with a Jeep " death wobble" at freeway speeds

Jeep does the death wobble when I hit a bump at freeway speeds. I have to slow down significantly to get it to stop. I have basically replaced the entire front end and shocks which did nothing. Do any of your mechanics have experience with this issue?

Hi there. Vehicles that are equipped with oversized tires have excessive weight at the front wheels -- weight that the manufacturer didn’t intend. This can produce excessive steering feedback in a rapid frequency, which can be uncontrollable. It is called a ‘death wobble’ due to its frightening and often dangerous shaking. A steering damper assists in solving a death wobble, and many trucks and SUV’s are equipped with one. A steering stabilizer absorbs much of the vibration that causes a death wobble due to the dampening effects of a fluid-charged cylinder. It’s design is essentially that of a suspension system’s shock absorber, which eliminates bounce in a vehicle.

3. Do any of your mechanics have experience with a Jeep " death wobble" at freeway speeds