Q: Distributor timing is off.

My distributor timing is off.

A: I would have YourMechanic come out and adju...

I would have YourMechanic come out and adjust the timing. They will have a timing light and knowledge of setting the timing order of your car.

Q: Connections are different on the new alternator.

Hi there. The wiring should be the same. If the plug is the same where it hooks into the alternator, then the wiring is the same. Newer alternators have different symbols for the connections. Now, if the connections are completely...

Q: My truck will not go over 20 rpm even when reeving, but sometimes it will. would you know any reason it would do this

You would need to first to check the fuel pressure to see if the fuel pump in the tank and on frame is pumping the correct pressure and the filter is not clogged. Replace the fuel pump on frame and...

Q: Engine stalls when accelerating

The carburetor on the engine may be at fault if it has plugged main jets. The engine does not need too much fuel to rev it up when in park. If you can put it in park and slowly accelerate...