Q: Distributor timing is off.

My distributor timing is off.

A: I would have YourMechanic come out and adju...

I would have YourMechanic come out and adjust the timing. They will have a timing light and knowledge of setting the timing order of your car.

Q: Truck developed idling problem - 1980 Ford F-100

Check the cap and rotor of the distributor. Wear and corrosion inside this component can cause many idling issues and misfires. Disconnect the coil and leave the cap off and observe the rotor spinning while having someone crank the vehicle...

Q: 1977 Ford F-100 not starting, fuel-pump related?

If the hose before the fuel pump has a hole in it, then the car will suck air in the system and the fuel pump will not be able to pull fuel from fuel tank. The entire fuel system should...

Q: 3 speed column trans problem.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. The shift linkage should first be checked to make sure it is going all the way in gear. Sometimes these vehicles had problems when motor mounts broke and it would not go into gear....