Q: Distributor timing is off.

My distributor timing is off.

A: I would have YourMechanic come out and adju...

I would have YourMechanic come out and adjust the timing. They will have a timing light and knowledge of setting the timing order of your car.

Q: Car stalls after driving - 1985 Chevrolet C30

First task is to determine if it is ignition or fuel related. Check for spark when it dies. If you have spark, then starter fluid allows the engine to fire, then quickly die. If starter fluid gives you a brief...

Q: Cracked bushings

Hi. The vehicle is equipped with many suspension components that involve rubber bushings for comfort and noise dampening. Dry-rot or large cracks in these bushings are signs of age and wear and must be corrected to avoid problems from noise...

Q: Transmission not engaging

Transmission oil needs to be changed at the correct service intervals and the correct fluid added. If you do not replace it as suggested, you run the risk of ruining your transmission when you do replace it. I suspect this...