Q: Distributor timing is off.

My distributor timing is off.

I would have YourMechanic come out and adjust the timing. They will have a timing light and knowledge of setting the timing order of your car.

3. Distributor timing is off.

Q: Connections are different on the new alternator.

Hi there. The wiring should be the same. If the plug is the same where it hooks into the alternator, then the wiring is the same. Newer alternators have different symbols for the connections. Now, if the connections are completely...

Q: can a bad evr/egr solenoid prevent this vehicle from starting ?

If the issue began after you replaced the wiring I would double check the wiring for any faults. A continuity test would be the best way to make sure that the connections are secure and making proper contact. If the...

Q: 3 speed column trans problem.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. The shift linkage should first be checked to make sure it is going all the way in gear. Sometimes these vehicles had problems when motor mounts broke and it would not go into gear....