Q: Distributor install

The Cadillac escalade has a new engine with zero miles and the engine won't fire up. We think the problem may be distributor related. But are unsure of the TDC location, due to the fact that the harmonic balancer has only 1 mark and not another at 90 degrees like specified. The timing chain cover does however have 2 marks 90 degrees apart. But we are unsure which mark it needs to be on to achieve TDC.

Bring up number one piston to TDC on its compression stroke and then align the crank mark with the big V between the two marks on the timing cover. Then align the distributor to number one on the distributor cap and install the distributor. This will get you close to start and time the vehicle.