Q: Q: Distributor

Replaced distributor. Can't get it all the way in.. Needs Togo in about an inch more. I cant get gears lined up. What do i need todo.. Thx..

3. Q: Distributor

Q: Broken intake gasket

Intake gasket replacement is an involved job, but it's not such a huge task that it's worth junking the car over. It calls for 4.6 hours of labor. If the car is otherwise in good shape, I would suggest having...

Q: Q: Fuel gauge broke.

It sounds like you may have a bad sending unit in the fuel tank. Sometimes the old fuel sending unit floats no longer float in the fuel tank and will not show the proper level, these must be replaced. I...

Q: What causes my truck to die when I take my foot off the gas pedal while in a turn?

Hi and thanks for contacting Your Mechanic. What seems to be happening is the idle air control valve (IAC) is not working. This valve controls the idle of the engine when the gas pedal and the throttle position sensor is...