Q: direct ignition coil. to install/replace on a 2001 93, how long labor needed by Saab dealer mechanic?

how much time is needed to relace direct ignition coil? Saab dealer did a tune up with oil change on my car. . Thank you to help me evaluate/figure out the exorbitant labor charge asked by this dealer.

A: Hi there: In general, replacing this compo...

Hi there:

In general, replacing this component on a 2001 Saab can be anywhere from two to four hours. However, that doesn't count time for diagnosing a problem and testing the repair. It's very difficult to determine what other people charge or the type of work completed without being there or inspecting the vehicle and what issues may have existed prior to service. If you have questions about the billing, ask the dealer to break down and explain their charges.