Q: Difficulty starting. Shuts off soon after starting - 1994 Mercury Capri

I have difficulty starting the car. Most of the time, it won't start at all. When it does start, it shuts off very soon. The car does get the spark though. The fuel line gives a lot of pressure as well. I had the inertia switch as well. What could be the problem?

Hello. This can be caused by a number of things. The fuel pressure needs to be tested first. Though there appears to be plenty of fuel it needs to reach a specific pressure. If the engine has spark and fuel pressure then the timing may be off so the crank and cam sensor readings need to be checked. If you want to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the staring problem.

• Difficulty starting. Shuts off soon after starting - 1994 Mercury Capri