Q: Difficulty starting and stalling issue on a 2001 Chevrolet Impala

I have a 2001 Chevrolet Impala. It's hard to start sometimes, and sometimes it stalls out. I was thinking it's either the MAF or the fuel pump.

A: That is a pretty new vehicle in terms of yo...

That is a pretty new vehicle in terms of young-born computers. When something goes wrong with the car or when it’s stalling out, the computer records that data and the mechanic can read that data. If you want to try it yourself, you can pressure test your fuel pump and that will tell you if it’s weak.

But for the MAF sensor, you will really need to understand the data there. You’ll need to have a live data strain-scan tool and you’ve got to be able to read that data that is coming out and make sense of it. It’s not that easy for a layman to understand that stuff at it churns out pretty complicated data. If you want to have this checked for you, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s stalling issue and make any of the needed repairs to get your car back safely on the road.