Q: Difficulty restarting when the engine is warm - 1994 Dodge B530

My van starts up fine when I attempt to start it after it sat for a while and the engine is cold. However, when the engine gets warmed up and I park the van for a short while, I have difficulty to start it back up again. When this occurs, it usually takes a day for the van to be able to start back up and run. I had the starter replaced recently, along with the crank sensor and the battery as well. What might be causing this?

Hey there, thanks for writing in. You’ll need to determine whether the reason for the no-start is from lack of fuel or spark. Ignition coils get pretty hot during operation and if your coil is cracked, it will expand a bit when it’s hot and spark can escape or the broken coil will malfunction. For a more in-depth diagnosis, a certified professional from YourMechanic can inspect the no-start issue firsthand to pinpoint the problem and follow through with repairs.

3. Difficulty restarting when the engine is warm - 1994 Dodge B530