Q: Difficulty restarting when the engine is warm - 1994 Dodge B530

My van starts up fine when I attempt to start it after it sat for a while and the engine is cold. However, when the engine gets warmed up and I park the van for a short while, I have difficulty to start it back up again. When this occurs, it usually takes a day for the van to be able to start back up and run. I had the starter replaced recently, along with the crank sensor and the battery as well. What might be causing this?

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in. You'l...

Hey there, thanks for writing in. You'll need to determine whether the reason for the no-start is from lack of fuel or spark. Ignition coils get pretty hot during operation and if your coil is cracked, it will expand a bit when it's hot and spark can escape or the broken coil will malfunction. For a more in-depth diagnosis, a certified professional from YourMechanic can inspect the no-start issue firsthand to pinpoint the problem and follow through with repairs.