Q: Difficult startup with a lot of idling when it's cold

My car has difficulty starting up when it's cold. It has trouble starting at 40 degrees and below. There is a lot of idling when it finally turns on. When the weather is warm, the car has no issues starting and runs great. The crank shaft position sensor is replaced on the car. I also had fuel pump relay and idle control valve changed. The issue persists still. What else can I check? Thank you in advance.

One of the main things that can prevent a vehicle from starting in the cold is the battery. Batteries for automobiles are rated by cold cranking amps. This measurement is the amount of amperage the battery can produce at zero degrees Fahrenheit.

If the battery is a few years old, it may not be producing the same amount of amperage that it once did in the cold. I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a qualified mechanic to come and test your battery. If the mechanic determines that your battery is not producing the correct amperage to start the car in the cold, it would be recommended that you replace the battery. Due to the fact that this test is related to the electrical system of the vehicle, it is best to have the hard start diagnostic performed by a professional, such as one from YourMechanic.