Q: Difficult start, cold weather

I've recently purchased this car with around 180,000 miles on it. It has an automatic transmission. The fluids should be changed soon. The car ran great and had some minor issues. However, when the weather is cold, it starts acting up a bit. One day when the weather was bad, I started it and when I let go off the gas, the car stalled out. I put it in park and tried to restart it but it wouldn't turn on. I kept trying this for several minutes and it eventually started after a bit of struggle. After that, it started normally. Did this happen because of the bad weather or is it more serious?

Hello there, thanks for writing in about your 1993 Chrysler LeBaron. A few different faults could have caused this type of fault. The most common would be the fuel pump, fuel filter, vacuum leak, exhaust leak, cap and rotor, or a pickup coil. If you would like to have this looked at for you, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the hard start and let you know what repairs are needed.

3. Difficult start, cold weather