Q: Diesel fuel in gas tank

My son accidentally filled up my car with diesel instead of unleaded fuel.

Hello. Putting diesel into a gasoline powered car is not good. If you have not started and driven the vehicle then I would typically remove the fuel tank and clean it out and add fresh fuel. If the car has been started then the problem may be more serious. This fuel can damage the fuel pump, fuel injectors and even the catalytic converter. The starting point would still be to flush out the tank and all of the lines, and then checking to see if the car will start and build fuel pressure. If not then the fuel pump may need to be replaced.