Q: Died when going from reverse to park and park to reverse.

I drove through high-ish water on April 29 2016. 30 minutes later as I was going down the highway my car died, first the battery light came on, then i lost my odometer and speedometer and rpms, then it died and lost all power, I was able to coast to a safe place. It made no sounds, didn't smoke, or anything. However, it wouldn't start back up, and jumping it did not work. It has been sitting since then and now it starts and runs and sounds good, but it does going from park to reverse and reverse to park. I've checked all fluids and plan to have them all flushed and new fluids put in. My questions is, what could be the issue?

Hello.

From what you describe it would appear that your vehicle is experiencing some sort of electrical issue, possibly due to driving through high water. The symptoms you describe - an illuminated battery light, along with eventual stalling - are common signs that the alternator or voltage regulator of the electrical system have failed. As these components are electric, it may be possible that the moisture damaged them if any found its way to the components. Similar symptoms can also be experienced by a blown fuse or relay, which can also be caused by contact with moisture. I would start by checking the fuses and relays, and then checking the vehicle’s charging system. You also mention stalling when shifting into gear. This can be caused by a few things, most commonly a faulty idle air control valve. The idle air control valve is the component that is supposed to set and maintain engine idle speed, and can cause irregular idle and even stalling if it malfunctions. As these sorts of issues can be difficult to diagnose, you may want the assistance of a certified YourMechanic technician in diagnosing and repairing the electrical fault(s) in your vehicle.

3. Died when going from reverse to park and park to reverse.