Q: Did I messed up the engine by overloading weight

Hello I'm concerned about my Suzuki alto 800 I've past the weight limit for a lot, I have put 1500 lbs in it now I hear the motor sounds different even though I only drove with that weight for about 10 minutes, what's the worst that could have happened?? Thanks a lot in advance

Hi there. In most cases the overloading of weight might cause damage to springs or suspension components as opposed to the engine. It’s quite possible that the two things are not related, especially if you didn’t have to climb serious hills or it was only for 10 minutes. It’s possible the extra load put additional stress which may have caused an already faulty component creating the symptoms you are experiencing. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection to determine what’s going on with your Suzuki.

3. Did I messed up the engine by overloading weight