Q: Delayed/Rough Shifting?

Truck recently underwent a repair for a broken snap ring in the transfer case that caused unwanted ABS feedback and occasional slips out of gear. These issues were addressed but shortly afterward I began to notice some long delayed shifts upon acceleration from stop as well as rpms that were much higher than should be; hitting close to 3000rpm just to get to 30mph. Occasionally when goosed, it'll give a small bump, after holding in a gear for an abnormally long time. Any advice?

A: You should have the vehicle checked as soon...

You should have the vehicle checked as soon as possible if the transmission not shifting correctly. You'll want to have it checked to see if something was not installed correctly or if the transmission has internal issues that have failed. If the transmission fluids were changed, then the new fluid may have caused a blockage in the valve body from cleaning properties of the fluid will dislodge debris and cause shifting issues to the transmission. Sometimes removing and cleaning the valve body passages can fix the issue but it it is also possible that a transmission overhaul may be needed. If you want to have this looked at by a second mechanic, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose your high engine idle and shifting issues.