Q: Deceleration 100 mph

I got up late this morning and was in a real hurry to get to work. My boss gets really mad if I'm late. So I was driving on the freeway going about 95 to 100 mph in 5th gear. Then all of a sudden my car did an extreme deceleration. Do you have any ideas what might have caused this?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1997 Isuzu Hombre. This is a concern that will require in person assessment from a professional, such as one from YourMechanic. Your symptoms could be caused by anything from a clogged catalytic converter to a failing fuel pump. If the Check Engine Light is on, the first step is to retrieve the associated diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) as they serve as a starting point for any further diagnostics.

3. Deceleration 100 mph