Q: My battery is dead. Had to jump start.

had a dead battary jumped it started then died again and then started again on the second time jumping it

A: The battery going dead will need to be test...

The battery going dead will need to be tested for no cranking of the engine. The battery should be charged and load tested to see if it can take a load enough to start the vehicle. This load is about 175 amps for 15 seconds. If the battery after charging cannot handle this load then replace the battery. After the battery is replaced then the charging should be checked to make sure the alternator is recharging the battery. If it is not working correctly then replace the alternator.