Q: Daughter's car stopped running, but had a warning light come on.

My daughter was driving her car when it just stopped running. She said the dashboard had a red light come on but it is off now.

Hello, when a red warning light illuminates on the instrument cluster, that usually indicates a serious problem that needs to addressed. Two thing that will illuminate the red engine warning light is no oil pressure or overheating. To help figure what happened, was she able to restart the car and drive it home, or was it towed home and now wont start? I would assume that if it restarted and the light is off the engine was overheating and the engine cooling system should be checked. If the engine won’t start there might be internal damage. You should get the aid of a mechanic to inspect the cause of the red warning light.