Q: date and time do not display correctly

when starting my 2008 bmw xi it displays the date and time incorrectly every time.

Hello. You likely need to reprogram your date and time. Here’s a clip of the owners manual for your vehicle with the date and time instructions described.

Push button 1 in the turn indicator lever up or down repeatedly until the appropriate clock symbol appears in the display, accompanied by the time and the word. “Set” Push button 2 Use button one to set the hours Press button 2 to confirm the entry Use button 1 to set the minutes Press button to to confirm the entry Press button 2. The system accepts the new time To set the date:

Open the start menu Press the controller to open the I menu Turn the controller until settings is selected and press the controller Turn the controller and tell time/date is selected and press the controller Select time format and press the controller Select the desired format and press the controller

You view/download a copy of your owner’s manual here

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/452001/Bmw-328i.html?page=81