Q: Dashboard maintenance lights showing up on ignition

Dashboard oil change, maintenance required are showing upon turning on ignition but stopping upon starting the engine. Does it require maintenance?

Thanks & regards Ramesh.kolla

This is a normal procedure your car’s computer goes through every time the engine is started. As you turn the key to the on position, the system goes through a series of checks of various systems and components to be sure everything is working properly. This generally only takes about 15-20 seconds. This is also a time for the car to measure other things such as outside air temperature, fuel pressure and many other things. This is not something you need to worry about unless these lights continue to stay on after the car is running for a period of time.

3. Dashboard maintenance lights showing up on ignition