Q: Dashboard lights not staying on

My dashboard lights do not work unless I bang on the dash with my fist. Even then, they don't stay on very long before going out again.

This is a problem generally caused by a loose solder joint on pin 1 of the left most instrument cluster connector on the instrument cluster processing board. Sometimes this solder joint can be fixed but other times a new processing board or new instrument cluster may be necessary to fix this problem. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic or electronics technician to see if the processing board can be repaired.

3. Dashboard lights not staying on