Q: Dashboard comes on when the 1993 Cadillac Eldorado is started

1993 Cadillac Eldorado, 4.9. When I start the car, the dashboard lights come on, the radio plays, the fan runs and it's often off and on again when running. Is it an ECM or a BCM?

If it’s a computer module, more often it would be the BCM, because that is what controls the radio and all that stuff. But, of course you’d want to have the battery and alternator load tested. When it’s something like that, since it’s the radio and it’s all in a dash, you could have bad wiring in the dash. You’d want to check that also. It could easily be the problem, if the battery and the alternator check okay. I’d have a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office so that you can have your electric problem diagnosed.

3. Dashboard comes on when the 1993 Cadillac Eldorado is started