Q: My instrument panel goes blank intermittently.

I started the car, put the car in reverse, to get out of the driveway, and the dash went black. After diving for 3 minutes the dash light up again. 1 minute later, the dash went out for only 5 seconds, then back on again?

It seems your vehicle is experiencing an electrical open from bad wiring or a loose connection. The instrument cluster itself may have an internal fault and require replacement. A vehicle of your age may have wiring with deteriorating insulation or corrosion starting to develop in some areas. A technician like one from YourMechanic will need to dig a little deeper into the vehicles’ wiring to locate the exact fault causing your symptoms.

3. My instrument panel goes blank intermittently.