Q: dash lights dim and radio goses off when i hit the gas and battery wont hold a charge when the truck is on

every time I hit the gas my dash lights dim and the radio goes off and comes back on and the battery wont hold a charge when the truck is running

Hello, thank you for writing in. It would seem for one reason or another that the charging system is having trouble keeping up with the vehicle. The alternator is the heart of the charging system and supplies all of the power once the vehicle is started. The battery is used primarily for starting and completing the circuit. The battery cables and alternator supply both play a large role as well. You should start by testing the alternator’s output with a voltmeter, and possibly having the battery tested. The issue may also be with the drive belt which powers the alternator. Further testing must be done. Contact our service department for more help resolving the issue.

3. dash lights dim and radio goses off when i hit the gas and battery wont hold a charge when the truck is on