Q: Damaged timing belt

Hi In the middle of freeway my car suddenly stalled and I pulled my car over and gave 3 or 4 start but nothing happened. I towed it After I removed timing cover I saw a worn belt all the almost all the thread were gone then I removed the left cylinder head but I didn't see any damage to the valve nothing at all and no damage to the top of piston NOW I'm wondering do I need to check the right side cylinder as well or you think there is no damage there either? Do you think the piston are bent ? What else do you think I need to check? Thank you very much Sorry about my spelling

A: When a timing belt fails on an interference...

When a timing belt fails on an interference engine causing valve train damage, there is generally a noticeable amount of noise and destruction that happens. As you may know, the timing belt helps to keep ignition timing and fuel timing in synchronization. When this process is disrupted by a broken timing belt, this impacts the entire synchronization of the motor. Unfortunately, this is an inspection that needs to be done in person as it is tough to speculate what may have been damaged without seeing the vehicle. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your timing belt problem and suggest any necessary repairs.