Q: Cylinders full of fuel after replacing pressure reg...

My 98 k1500 5.7 was dumping fuel had poor loping idle but seemed to clear up upon acceleration...so I replaced the pressure reg..buttoned everything back up and it hydralocked....so pulled the plugs coil wire and fuel pump relay...and still shooting gas from the cylinders....cylinders 7 and 8 seem to be the worst....any suggestions on what could be causing this other than a faulty new regulator.

Hi there. Assuming, proper procedure was followed during the fuel pressure regulator installation, leads me to believe the new fuel pressure regulator must be at fault causing the hydrostatic lock. A visual is possible, looking into the throttle body, using a mirror. The excessive fuel can create a hazardous situation and extreme care should be used. It is unlikely, this is a failed fuel injector(s). Once the fuel delivery issue is resolved, the oil and oil filter should be changed before attempting to start the engine. I recommend having your vehicle’s no start condition be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

I am working on this

3. Cylinders full of fuel after replacing pressure reg...