Q: Cylinders cracked, Bad coil so only 5 of 6 cylinders fire, burns oil

I don't have the money to fix the car and I've tried to sell it but I don't want to sell it to someone who isn't going to be able to do something with it. Car is in good shape except for those issues. Is my best option scraping the car?

What you do with it only depends on how much time you want to put into selling it. In many cities you can call a wrecking yard and they will often come pick up the car and give you some money for it. Very easy. This depends on how much the wrecking yard values your particular vehicle.

You can advertise the car on Craigslist and you will likely get more money out of it, but it will take longer to sell and more effort selling the car to possible buyers.

If no one wants to buy the car and the wrecking yard isn’t interested in it, the last choice is a scrap yard. They will give you the value of the car based on its weight per the price of the metal. They will want all the fluids drained and will likely give you a few other instructions, but this is the last resort for a vehicle that has no value to a buyer or a wrecking yard.

I recommend contacting the wrecking yard to see how much they might give you for it and post it on Craigslist for a week to see if you get any bites. If both those don’t pan out, take it to the scrap yard for its value in metal.

The thing with vehicles like this, if you do some research and find there are many people that really like this kind of car or need its parts, there will be a lot of interest in it and you can possibly part it out for more money this way. Do a little research online and in forums to see what kind of interest there is for your particular year and model to help you decide.

• Cylinders cracked, Bad coil so only 5 of 6 cylinders fire, burns oil