Q: Cylinder misfire

Every cylinder in my car started to misfire so I changed the fuel filter, cap and rotor, throttle body, IACV, all my sensors work and I've cleaned the fuel injectors . But I still cannot find the problem. There's also a gas smell every time I leave the car. Anything that can help would be great.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. The strong smell...

Hi, thanks for writing in. The strong smell of fuel is usually attributed to a failing mass airflow sensor or O2 sensor. These two sensors control air/fuel adjustments and can cause a misfire if they have triggered a lean fuel condition. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.