Q: CV Axle stuck on front let side! All wheels move but this one. Can it be fixed?

CV Axle stuck on front let side! All wheels move but this one. Can it be fixed? The was a click sound for about a year, but we didn't know what it was.

Hi there, That clicking noise was a precursor to a more serious problem, the component failure you’re experiencing. The noise is created when either the cv axle or wheel bearing has run low on lubricant or is at the beginning stages of failure. A quick visual of the left front axle will lead you in the right direction. If either boot is split or you see a lot of grease in the vicinity, then one or both boots have been leaking and you now have an axle failure. If neither boot is leaking and there is no grease in the vicinity, then you may have a seized wheel bearing. Your Mechanic has several available technicians to assist you with a noise from the wheel inspection to diagnose the exact cause of the failure, axle replacement, and/or wheel bearing replacement.

• CV Axle stuck on front let side! All wheels move but this one. Can it be fixed?