Q: CV Axle replaced but immediately inner boot comes apart again on new one.

I had a thumping noise that occurred when I would accelerate past 20 mph. When I would let off the gas, the noise would stop.

I took off the wheel and noticed that the cv axle boot was off. I then replaced the cv axle and the exact same noise and damage to my new axle occurred within a city of block of testing it out.

You need to check your motor and transmission mounts to see if one or more are broken allowing the engine to move and cause the boot to come off. Once the mounts are fixed the boot can be reinstalled with a new clamp.

• CV Axle replaced but immediately inner boot comes apart again on new one.