Q: cv axle fell off. RF side. Lower control arm, tierod, and all else ok. 2014 jeep compass 4WD With 6f24 (6speed) trans.

Driving down road, felt like a flat tire. pulled over and check engine light went on. pulled code PO721 X3. output speed sensor. Towed it home and pulled the skid plate to find the CV axle on the front drivers side hanging on the end of the transmission output shaft. I don't want to just slide it back on without removing it and checking for damage. I have no idea how a axle slides off. Control arm and all look good. how does this happen and what should I look for. I only want to do this once. 2014 Jeep compass latitude 4WD with 6f24 (6 speed) trans. I am assuming the code is from the sensors not coinciding with other readings throughout the system.

3. cv axle fell off. RF side. Lower control arm, tierod, and all else ok. 2014 jeep compass 4WD With 6f24 (6speed) trans.