Q: Cv Axle

Hi Christopher. I'm getting a clicking noise from the Drivers Side Front from the CV Axle. It happens when I turn the steeri g wheel. I was told I need to repair the output Bearing. Or should I replace the cv axle on the drivers front side? I need a quote. Its a 2003 Honda Accord. Thank you

A: Hi there. Once an axle starts making noise,...

Hi there. Once an axle starts making noise, it’s best to replace the assembly. The internal bearing have developed uneven surfaces as indicated by the noise. Continued use may result in the axle literally coming apart and leaving the vehicle stranded. I suggest having a qualified technician perform the axle service to ensure proper procedures have been adhered to and avoid any possible safety concerns. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with an axle replacement.