Q: Cuts out while driving

The engine light is saying bad coil pack. So we changed spark plugs and coil packs and it still cuts out while driving an idling.

Any time a vehicle cuts out while driving then it will have set failure codes in the computer. If you have the codes then please supply them the next time you have problems. This helps us to come up with a diagnosis for your problems. In this case you state there is codes to the ignition system failures. Replacing parts without doing the proper pinpoint test for the codes is just throwing away money unless you get a lucky guess and replace the correct part that caused the stalling. Have the codes retrieved and have them diagnosed correctly using the pinpoint test and then a cause of the failure may be found.

Hi there. It is possible that the OBD-II trouble code that may have indicated a possible problem with the coil packs might be something related to this system; such as an electrical harness that is damaged. Without knowing what code you received, it’s hard to tell for sure; so you might want to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car starts then dies inspection; to determine what is faulty and needs to be replaced.

3. Cuts out while driving