Q: Cut/spliced wires and interior lighting went off

While I was installing a new aftermarket stereo, instead of taking the time to wait to get a wiring harness I cut the wires and spliced them in. when cutting the wires, the interior lighting stopped, like the reading lights and the light in the back seat area. I checked all the fuses and none of them were blown. Then I replaced the illumination module near the fuse box, but the lights still do not work. I checked the lights to make sure they were not blown and they were okay. What should I do to correct this error I made and have the interior lighting again?

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. When you c...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. When you cut the wires to the stereo, you probably cut the two wires to the radio illumination. These wires are shared with the interior lighting and will need to be repaired. One wire is violet and the other is black and white. If you need help with this, a professional technician can track down the fault in the wiring and repair this problem for you.