Q: The factory stereo connector was cut and I need to install a new connector.

The factory stereo connector was cut in the car wanting to wire in new factory connector

Hi there. Look at the wiring on the harness and look at the new connector. Make sure that there are the same amount of wires on the connector and on the harness. Then check the wires. There should be a green wire, for power all the time, a yellow wire to power only with the key on, an orange and black wire for the ground, and a blue wire for the lighting for the radio. To check the wires, use a digital ohm meter and check for power and ground. For the green wire, there should be battery voltage present. For the yellow wire, there should be battery voltage when the ignition is in the ON or Accessory position. The orange and black wire should have no voltage and should have a complete ground circuit. For the blue wire, there should be battery voltage when turning on the lights. Make sure that you look up a schematic for the radio that you have in the vehicle and see what wires go. Check the wires locations to the back of the stereo. If you need further assistance with your car stereo, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. The factory stereo connector was cut and I need to install a new connector.