Q: Currently I have locking wheel nuts

A week ago, I bought a used Chevrolet malibu. I checked everything for leaks, smoking, knocking, even tread wear. A few days later, another Malibu parked next to me, that's when I noticed I had different wheels. I noticed how small the lug nuts were and realized my four didn't fit. Brought to a tire shop, they said it needed a key, check the glove box. There is one in there. So my question is, a regular lug nut won't fit in the tiny space, so can I take these locking nuts off and buy an extension of something to lengthen the studs, in order to use regular lug nuts?

A: You may have custom wheels that will requir...

You may have custom wheels that will require only special thin lug nut types. You cannot put extensions on them. You will always need to use a special kind of lug nut and special socket the put them on and off.