Q: Crunching in the rear passenger when hitting bumps.

I was told last winter that I need shock and strut repair and that when its colder out that bad shocks can freeze up making the noise even worse. I am not sure what the immediate dangers are of driving this car until I get it fixed.

The main risk you are taking is when you are going over rough roads or random bumps on the road, your car can become unstable when you hit these bumps with a frozen shock. Under certain conditions, your car can be sent into a spin. This is more likely to occur at highway speeds, but a rough road at in the city speeds while cornering can certainly pose a risk as well.

I recommend booking the following service to help you out. Shock absorber replacement

Good luck!