Q: Creaks/groans when hard cornering.

When I take a corner hard, or at higher speeds, it groans and creaks. When i have to turn, I have to go slow, or it makes noise. Otherwise it seems to drive and handle fine. Doesn't take hard bumps well though.

A: Hello, thanks for writing in about your GMC...

Hello, thanks for writing in about your GMC Sonoma. You need to have the entire front end checked for wear. You may have worn sway bar links and bushings, upper and lower control arm bushings, and ball joints are worn. Have a complete inspection done by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to pinpoint the source of the noise and assess the condition of the front end parts.