Q: Creaking when turning steering wheel

I just recently bought a used 2011 Hyundai Sonata from a dealership and I noticed when I was leaving the car lot with my car that I was making a clicking sound when I turned my wheel all the way to left and right when backing out of the spot I was in. I also noticed that the car creaks when I turn all the way to left and right when coming up on a incline. Can you please advise me on what could be causing the car to make those noises?

Hi there:

It’s possible that either your steering stabilizer bar bushings or strut mount bushings might be slightly worn out; which can cause the ’creaking noise’ to occur. This is common on vehicles that are about 5 years old or have about 100,000 miles. It could also be caused by CV joints that are wearing out, or other steering or suspension components. If you recently purchased the car from a dealership, you might be able to have them inspect the vehicle for damage and repair if it came with a warranty. If not, contact a local mobile mechanic to come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection to determine why this is happening and recommend the right repairs.