Q: Creaking noise on turns

I have recently noticed that when I turn my car makes a creaking noise. Its not too bad on wide turns, but when I am making a sharp turn it creaks. I am wondering what this is and what I can do about it

A: Hello, this could be a number of issues but...

Hello, this could be a number of issues but it sounds like a worn bushing or worn part causing this noise you are hearing. The control arm bushings on these vehicles are known to fall apart at about 50k miles which could cause this symptom you are having. It could also be a power steering pump making this creaking noise but it sounds more like a worn suspension part causing this noise. If you would like to have this problem resolved, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to verify the cause of the noise and assist with repairs.