Q: crankshaft

the crankshaft is making cracking sound . earlier their was an over heating 2months ago. i am not sure if that is the cause of the cracking sound of the crankshaft. i would kindly want to know the cause and how it could be resolved.

A: Hello. It would be a good idea to have a ce...

Hello. It would be a good idea to have a certified mechanic take a look at the vehicle and run a few diagnostic tests, who should have the specialty tools and techniques to pinpoint exactly where the problem is located, and to make the repairs correctly to prevent any further damage or injury. There are just too many possibilities to warrant a guess what the problem is without taking a look at the vehicle and hearing what type of noise you are hearing, as well as approximately where the noise is coming from. If you need help identifying and repairing the issue, YourMechanic offers several options. They have trained mechanics that can come to your home or office and diagnose your car's noises before making the necessary repairs.